ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] EasyAnt: Ant based pre packaged build system for java projects
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:31:51 GMT
On Jan 11, 2008 5:40 PM, Peter Arrenbrecht <peter.arrenbrecht@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> That is correct. However, being able to do it still beats not being
> able to. It allows for a better balancing of accommodating yet another
> esoteric hook request and making the template yet more complex vs.
> just telling someone to inline and tweak the template for their
> esoteric case.
>
> And being able to learn from looking at the imported script is also
> very valuable.

+1 too. This is a key foundation of the flexibility IMO. Trying to deliver a
build system which address everything is impossible, but it can always be a
good basis, at least to learn from. Leveraging the knowledge people have
from Ant syntax will help them to get value from the build system, even when
their problem is very specific.

Xavier