ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed patch for XMLResultAggregator and junit-frames.xsl
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:40:32 GMT
Hi

could you please file a bugreport as enhancement wich includes your patch.

br Martijn

s p schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I've just created a patch for the Ant source code repository which will introduce the
possibility to link to external log files from generated JUnit test reports.

> Our tests do not output to stderr or stdout but use Log4J to output all of the debug
information needed to find out which events led up to the failure of a test. This patch enables
developers to use the 'junitreport' generated JUnit reports to click through to the log file
associated with the execution of a single test.

> The patch introduces three new optional attributes to the junitreport ant task:
>  * logDir - The base dir for the test logfiles
>  * logPrefix - A prefix which may be used to distinguish the log files from the test
results.
>  * logPostfix - A postfix which defaults to '.xml' and can be used to distinguish the
log files from the test results.

> If no prefix or postfix values are used the report generator will assume the test class
name is the name of the log file.
> If a logfile cannot be found this will be silently ignored and no link to the logfile
will appear in the resulting JUnit report.

> When a link to a log file does appear it is formatted in the same way as links to stdour
or stderr are formatted.

> I would like to commit this patch to the Ant head branch, if there is any interest for
it. Please reply and i will send the patch ready to be applied.