ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] EasyAnt: Ant based pre packaged build system for java projects
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:20:14 GMT
Gilles Scokart wrote:
> Finally, I stopped my reflections, thinking that it is certainly something that already
exists in the wild.  Does it?
If I remember correctly (it was a long time ago) it used to. There used
to be a project called Centipede that built Ant scripts into something
called "cents", which were attempts to capture best practices for
various parts of builds. It eventually died, I think when Maven started
taking off. It seemed to suffer from being part of a grander vision,
called Krysalis, that dragged all resources away in different
directions. That is my take as an outsider, anyway. I was never part of
the project.

You can still see the remnants of it on Sourceforge[1] and a home page[2].

[1] http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/krysalis/