ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ and Ivy [WAS: Re: [DISCUSS] EasyAnt ...]
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:32:45 GMT
On Jan 10, 2008 11:26 AM, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 6:13 PM, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> First what I mean by language agnostic is that Ivy can handle any kind of
> artifacts, and not only jars. So in your case you can easily declare that
> your module publishes several artifacts, one being the jar, and the others
> being platform specific zips. Then you can split your platform specific zips
> in separate configurations (one by platform). This declaration goes in the
> module ivy file in the repository. Then you can ask Ivy to resolve the
> platform specific configuration you need depending on the platform you make
> your build on. And once you get the zip on your local filesystem you can do
> whatever you want with it like you did before, Ivy being used only for
> provisioning.

Yes, this gives me an idea about the process, thanks. I was expecting
a bit more, in term of path assembling, as doing a transitive addition
of all artifact dirs into a path is something that only a
dependency-aware task can do well I think, but OTOH limiting yourself
to doing only one thing well is always a good design decision in my
book. I'll need to dig this more on my own now. --DD