ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Trump" <Jason.Tr...@mantis-tgi.com>
Subject On-server ivy settings?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:15:42 GMT
New feature suggestion (obviously not for 2.0):  allow some kind of optional ivy settings file
on the ivy repository.  This would allow for less configuration on the ivy client side, and
make it easier to update the structure of your ivy repository.  Things that could go in this
file:

* artifact and ivy patterns for the repository
* repository-sensitive cache hints like changingPattern and changingMatcher
* pointers to other repositories where artifacts are stored (so that client doesn't have to
know about these)
* lists of mirror or backup servers to improve availability

though maybe the last one is better handled in custom repository implementations.  The client
config would then look something like:

<ivysettings>
   <resolvers>
        <url settings="/server/path/to/ivysettings.xml"/>
   </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

I know that you can do similar things with a remote ivysettings.xml file, but I liked the
idea of putting information about the ivy repository in the repository itself.  What do you
think?  Is it worth mentioning in a JIRA issue?

jason