ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Arrenbrecht" <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] EasyAnt: Ant based pre packaged build system for java projects
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:31:18 GMT
On Jan 14, 2008 9:37 PM, Xavier Hanin <> wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2008 6:39 PM, Dominique Devienne <> wrote:
> > Q1: Does everyone agree that adding before/after to target to Ant 1.8
> > is useful and should be done before (in conjunction of) creating
> > generic build files?
> I agree, this seems easily understandable (even though when used in
> conjunction with depends it may seem a bit complex, but this shouldn't be
> needed very often) and use the usual Ant building blocks.

I agree. Feels much more natural than macros.

> > Q2: Do others feel (like me) that we should also have a mean to
> > override a target's content (task list) while keeping the overridden
> > target's dependency list?
> I do. And also add the <super /> element you were talking about.

I agree. For what it's worth, I think we should also have a means to
externally trigger just the body of a task (mainly during build script
debugging). I normally do

  tgt depend " -tgt"
  -tgt depend "@tgt-step1, @tgt-step2, ..."

Meaning I can call the building blocks @tgt-stepN from outside to
incrementally watch and refine their behaviour.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message