ant-dev mailing list archives

From Wszeb <wsze...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Lib in War Does Not Accept Path-like structures
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:10:56 GMT

mgainty wrote:

> Hello Petar
>
> the lib directive is embedded in the war task such as from this example
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/war.html
> <war destfile="myapp.war" webxml="src/metadata/myapp.xml">
>   <lib dir="aaa">
>       <include name="a.jar"/>
>       <include name="b.jar"/>
>   </lib>
> </war>

But what if JAR files to be included in WAR are defined elsewhere, with
path-like structure? I have the same problem as Petar - I don't want to
hardcode JAR names in WAR task. I have a path-like structure with all JARs
needed (from various disk locations) provided from "another user". And
currently I have to copy all these JARs into temporary intermediate
directory, just to be able to WAR them! It's really annoying. And
time-overhead for copying these JARs is signifant. Please help - what are
possible workaround solutions? Anyway, ant is a great and mystical tool.

Greetings, Wszeb.