ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Benjamin de Dardel" <benjamin.dedar...@gmail.com>
Subject ProjectHelper : parsing from InputStream
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:05:15 GMT
Hi all,

I need to package ant files in a jar archive and then call these
ant files from the jar.

The ProjectHelperImpl class only uses an instance of File to parse
a file.

        Project project = new Project();
        ProjectHelperImpl helper = new ProjectHelperImpl();
        => helper.parse( project, new File( "build.xml" ) );
        project.init();
        project.executeTarget( "do" );

There are no possibilities to use an InputStream (from a jar for example) :

        JarFile jar = new JarFile( "myjar.jar" );
        ZipEntry xml = jar.getEntry( "build.xml" );
        InputStream stream = jar.getInputStream( xml );

        Project project = new Project();
        ProjectHelperImpl helper = new ProjectHelperImpl();
        => helper.parse( project, stream );
        project.init();
        project.executeTarget( "do" );

1: Should I copy and rewrite ProjectHelperImpl for my personal use
? Or is there another way (because I don't like to fork OpenSource code) ?
I notice that ProjectHelper2 class have an InputStream source which is
commented !!!

2: Do you need my contribution for refactoring helpers to accept
multiple sources ?

Best regards,
Benjamin de Dardel