ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Deployment through Ant and Telnet
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 06:21:41 GMT
>    I want to deploy my project from eclipse workspace to any
> server(in the
> network) by using Ant and Telnet.

You should think about using telnet. As often said on this list, SCP is
more secure and SSHD is running on most (Linux) machines.

>    To facilitate that i have created a plugin which will do
> the Deployment on a single button click in the eclipse.

If you have the plugin already, the easist think is wrapping that into a
task:
provide an
    public void execute()
method which starts that. Then use <taskdef> (maybe with a huge nested
<classpath> for all the
dependencies of your plugin) in your buildfile for mapping that new task
to a name and use it.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/tutorial-writing-tasks.html
http://ant.apache.org/manual/tutorial-tasks-filesets-properties.html
http://ant.apache.org/manual/develop.html#writingowntask

> Mean to say 1.  I have to checkout the selected project from
> the subversion repository

SVN Antlib (not released yet, so you have to build it for your own)
http://ant.apache.org/antlibs/svn/index.html

or

wrap the svn executable with <exec>

>                    2.  Then invoke ant programatically(from
> java) to build
> that project as well as compilation.

Mmmh ... are you trying to write a plugin that invokes Ant for doing all
the stuff?
Why not just simply write a buildfile? You could invoke that on command
line, by a build server
or from Eclipse using its Ant View / External Tools.

<javac>, <jar> ...

>                    3.  Then send the project through Telnet to the any
> system in the network by giving the IP adress.

<telnet>

When using multiple targets you could iterate over a list of IP-adresses
using <antcontrib:for>
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/for.html

Jan