ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Ivy 2.0.0-beta1 (second attempt)
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 06:34:11 GMT
I have built a new release candidate for Ivy 2.0.0-beta1

You can download it from this URL:
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-beta1/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Exavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-beta1/>

and the m2 repository is here:
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/m2-staging-repo/<http://people.apache.org/%7Exavier/m2-staging-repo/>

Compared to the previous release attempt I've only the following changes
(which can be tracked in svn in the 2.0.0-beta1 branch):
- merged a fix on cache locking (disabled by default)
- merged some changes in makepom task to address Gilles remark
- fix a bug on a unit test of makepom not done on trunk (still need to be
merged to trunk)
- reflect change to makepomin build-release.xml
- package readme with all ditribs (including crypto notice)
- put maven 2 distrib in a m2 staging repo for ease of testing

I haven't done much testing of these artifacts, I had some slight troubles
getting in my way (but when it takes 10 min to make a full release build a
slight error can make you loose a lot of time), and it's getting really late
over here, but I don't expect to have any more time for a new release
attempt until next week, so if ever this one doesn't pass, I hope someone
will step up to replace me as release mgr for this release.

So, do you vote for the release of these binaries?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Regards,

Xavier, Ivy 2.0.0-beta1 release manager