ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject getting JVM version info from Ant
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:10:19 GMT

Here's a question. How do I distinguish a sun jvm from a jrockit jvm in
a build file, as I dont see any reliable way  of doing it in an ant
condition (right now)?

I'm thinking we ought to analyse the jvm and maybe set some properties,
or add a new <jvmversion> condition to probe the world.

-steve

(I have some tests that fail on JRockit as it handles tail recursion
differently; a test that would normally stack overflow spins until 4GB
of heap runs out, which can take a long time. I'd rather detect jrockit
and skip it, but the only test I have uses <contains> on the bootpath
and hopes that jrockit is only installed in a path with that in it....