ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: extra attributes on publication artifacts
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 22:24:36 GMT
It's a problem for fixing IVY-471 where I only want to write the extra-attributes for the published
artifact that are really defined for that artifact (and not inherited from the module). In
addition, I think it could confuse people when they define extra-attributes on the module
and on the artifact with the same name -> which one will be taken? And at least, at the
moment, there is a bug in this ArtifactRevisionId.newInstance(...) method which causes that
the original extra-attributes on the artifact are lost.

But I'll take a look at the example in IVY-418. If that one succeeds, I'll remove this piece
of code that adds these extra attributes to the artifact, ok?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Xavier Hanin <Xavier.Hanin@sas.com>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 7, 2007 11:16:15 PM
Subject: RE: extra attributes on publication artifacts

I guess it's more related to IVY-419 (which has been introduced for
 maven 2 classifers, but is now an Ivy feature).

IVY-419 let people define artifacts for a dependency even though the
 dependendy already has a module descriptor. But maybe adding extra
 attributes the the ArtifactRevisionId was only an attempt which end up being
 unuseful. If no unit test fails, it's probably the reason. But we'd
 need to make a real world test with a dependency on a mven 2 pom using
 classifiers (there's one example in IVY-418).

BTW, is it a source of problem for you?

Xavier