ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "Proposals/EnhancedTestReports" by SteveLoughran
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:34:53 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SteveLoughran:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Proposals/EnhancedTestReports

The comment on the change is:
junitour

   * Fail
   * Error - unable to determine pass or fail, which includes timeout
   * Skipped
-  * In Progress, aka not-yet-finished
+  * In Progress, aka not-yet-finished.
+  * Not yet implemented. Junitour - [http://junitour.sourceforge.net] has this notion; you
can stub tests out and they do not get misinterpreted as actually working. Example Report:
[http://junitour.sourceforge.net/junitour/junit-noframes.html]. Any tests that implements
the UnitTestIncomplete interface qualifies as an incomplete test.

  SteveLoughran: I like failure itself to be categorised. So every state can be a pass state,
a warning or a failure. Warnings could include "passing, but took 50% longer than usual".
Failures can include "tests passed but outside allowed time" "tests passed but memory consumption
was over the limit", as well as simple "some assertion failed". Maybe we decouple result name
from outcome, with a limited set of outcomes, but an unlimited set of outcome categories.

+
+

  === Add partial-failure, not-yet-finished as test outcomes ===