ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Ivy jar packaging
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:41:01 GMT

I was not talking about splitting the binary/source distribution.  I think we have to keep
them simple, and I'm thus
rather in favour of having a single ivy.jar.  And if we want to put it into the ant project,
we can use this single jar.

The idea that I proposed of splitting it further was only for the distribution that we have
in the maven repository.
Some users might want to have only the core some will use an ftp resolver, other will also
require the ant tasks, etc.
I think it could make sense to split that into individual jars when published in the maven
repository.  That would allow
the user to only get the class that he need.

But that's not for now.  Before we can do that, we will have to agree on what is the API that
we publish and for which
we are willing to keep good backward compatibility.

Gilles