ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Optional target support?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:03:58 GMT
Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote on 11/06/2007 07:13:55 AM:

> you cant control common import files once you also include third party
> projects into your build tree and use ivy to choreograph it.
>
> For the new executor I'm doing for smartfrog, I looked at <subant> and
> decided to change it to make targets optional.
>
> 1. we could add this to subant "skipmissingtargets"
> 2. I'd also like to give subant the ability to set the basedir, the way
> <ant> does

I ended up writing a custom executor that can skip optional targets if
they don't exist; the optional targets have to be called out specifically
in a property. Currently it only works for targets passed on the command
line, as the project toposort code will still choke on missing targets
when processing target dependencies. I'll have to write a custom toposort
method to handle the latter case.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com