ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject concat-test.xml antunit
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 05:59:22 GMT
Hi,

There's a problem with the concat-test.xml

If you execute this on linux/unix, no problems, but on windows it fails

The reason is that Windows has the stupid crlf line ending

<property name="br" value="${line.separator}" />
   <concat destfile="encodeStringDest"
     outputEncoding="utf-16">foo${br}bar${br}baz${br}</concat>

So when this encodeStringDigest file is compared to the utf-16.expected
file, it fails as in the encodeDigestFile there are extra \cr characters
embedded.

The actual concat task works, but the test is platform dependent unless
I add a windows.utf-16.expected and modify the test to compare against
the correct file (which is what I'll do unless someone objects)

Thanks,
Kev