ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant SVN Trunk - errors in LocatorTest & RmicAdvancedTest
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:38:09 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After Steve's work yesterday, I was going to pull in the changes to the
> release to try and get a clean build...but:
>
> (these errors occur with the svn trunk code)
>
> LocatorTest testNetworkURI Failure Expected
> file:\\PC03\jclasses\lib\ant-1.7.0.jar to resolve to
> \\PC03\jclasses\lib\ant-1.7.0.jar but got
> D:\\PC03\jclasses\lib\ant-1.7.0.jar expected:<[]\\PC03\jclasses\lib\...>
> but was:<[D:]\\PC03\jclasses\lib\...>
>
> I'm not sure what this should be - \\ is a unc path right, and windows
> should support that, so I'm not sure where the D: comes from (except
> that's the local disk that I'm running the ant tests from)
>
> LocatorTest testUnixNetworkPath Failure Expected
> file://cluster/home/ant/lib to resolve to \\cluster\home\ant\lib but got
> D:\\cluster\home\ant\lib expected:<[]\\cluster\home\ant\l...> but
> was:<[D:]\\cluster\home\ant\l...>
>
> Should this execute at all on a windows machine?

I hadnt decided what the right outcome here was...the code has the
option of us providing a separate windows expected string, but we need
to know what to expect

If I type, in ie7, file://morzine/slo I get a new windows explorer
window opening up to the share \\morzine\slo
If I type, in ie6, file://morzine/slo the IE6 window turns into an
windows explorer window showing the share \\morzine\slo  in icon vew

> RmicAdvancedTest testWlrmic Error Error starting WebLogic rmic:
> D:\eclipse\workspace2\ant-core-trunk\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\rmic\rmic.xml:174:
> Error starting WebLogic rmic:
> at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.rmic.WLRmic.execute(WLRmic.java:84)
>
> I have the weblogic* jars and the ant- stubs so there shouldn't be an
> issue finding classes
>
> RmicAdvancedTest testWlrmicJArg Error Error starting WebLogic rmic:
> D:\eclipse\workspace2\ant-core-trunk\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\rmic\rmic.xml:180:
> Error starting WebLogic rmic:
> at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.rmic.WLRmic.execute(WLRmic.java:84)

ahh. I bet that test doesnt run on my box, as I dont have the rmi tests

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/