ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject terminating running builds better
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:12:48 GMT

I'm midway through adding the smartfrog features to run ant builds
remotely; buildexceptions will get wrapped and sent back over the wire
to the caller via our friend RMI. as will, ultimately, the logs. you can
use this to run build files as part of a big deployment, and be able to
dynamically tweak the log levels as you go.

one things I'm worrying about is how to stop long-running builds more
cleanly. I'm thinking of an executor that polls some halt variable
between targets, but that does nothing for tasks. Can/should we add
something to project, so that you can actually interrupt project
execution between tasks? We coudl through a BuildInterruptedException.

What do IDEs do to stop ant builds? just kill the thread/process?