ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bugs in release branch
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:08:48 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:

>> The windows tests will still be failing with bad paths, but now we can
>> decide what the correct strings are and add them to the tests, then
>> fix any locator bugs that exist.
> I guess they always passed on gump as it was running on linux/bsd, which
> is why we didn't see any problems until now.
>
> And yes most of the tests looked fine to me before which was why I
> couldn't believe no-one else was having a problem - now I know, I'm the
> only one using windows!

I hope to set up a vmware image of win2k03 server running hudson or
bamboo soonish; I could set it to do ant head too. It will stop me doing
windows proof work.

Last week I added the file sshexec.sf to the repository, alongside an
existing file sshExec. Everything works for me, but someone else got
wierd errors from SVN about being unable to copy a file because it
existed. Even clean checkouts didnt work.

of course, the reason is simple, windows doesnt like two files of the
same name in the same directory; I'd broken the build.

Which is why I need a CI server on windows, because the linux ones catch
different problems.

-steve