ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bugs in release branch
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:21:52 GMT
Kevin Jackson wrote:

> LocatorTest.testNetworkURI	
> Failure	Expected file:\\PC03\jclasses\lib\ant-1.7.0.jar to resolve to
> \\PC03\jclasses\lib\ant-1.7.0.jar but got
> D:\\PC03\jclasses\lib\ant-1.7.0.jar
> expected:<[]\\PC03\jclasses\lib\...> but
> was:<[D:]\\PC03\jclasses\lib\...>

I dont think this is correct.

C:\>dir \\morzine\slo\projects.tar
  Volume in drive \\morzine\slo is slo
  Volume Serial Number is 10BB-0117

  Directory of \\morzine\slo

2006-03-24  10:14         6,451,200 projects.tar
                1 File(s)      6,451,200 bytes
                0 Dir(s)  401,221,718,016 bytes free

(a) its a valid path
(b) SATA disk drives are very big



> 
> LocatorTest.testUnixNetworkPath	
> Failure	Expected file://cluster/home/ant/lib to resolve to
> //cluster/home/ant/lib but got D:\\cluster\home\ant\lib
> expected:<[//cluster/home/ant/]lib> but
> was:<[D:\\cluster\home\ant\]lib>

should maybe go to \\cluster\home\ant\lib

> 
> LocatorTest.testUnixNetworkPath13
> Failure	Expected file://cluster/home/ant/lib to resolve to
> //cluster/home/ant/lib but got D:\\cluster\home\ant\lib
> expected:<[//cluster/home/ant/]lib> but
> was:<[D:\\cluster\home\ant\]lib>

same

> 
> LocatorTest.testUnixPath
> Failure	Expected file:/home/ant/lib to resolve to /home/ant/lib but
> got D:\home\ant\lib expected:<[/home/ant/]lib> but
> was:<[D:\home\ant\]lib>

looks correct

> 
> LocatorTest.testInternationalURI
> Failure	Expected file:/D:/L/u00f6wenbrau/aus/M/u00fcnchen to resolve
> to /L\u00f6wenbrau/aus/M\u00fcnchen but got
> D:\L\u00f6wenbrau\aus\M\u00fcnchen
> expected:<[/L\u00f6wenbrau/aus/]M\u00fcnchen> but
> was:<[D:\L\u00f6wenbrau\aus\]M\u00fcnchen>

again, the results look correct.

> LocatorTest.testOddLowAsciiURI
> Failure	Expected file:/D:/hash%23/%20and%20/percent%25 to resolve to
> /hash#/ and /percent% but got D:\hash#\ and \percent%
> expected:<[/hash#/ and /]percent%> but was:<[D:\hash#\ and \]percent%>

looks ok

> 
> Does anyone else have these errors from the current 1.7.1 branch?

No, because I'm not running windows right now :)

Looking at the locator code, we used to choose between java.net.URI on 
Java1.4+, and our own uri mapping logic on java <=1.3, but switched to 
only using our own code as we got tired of URI mapping issues in the 
java classes.

It looks like
(1) -all the tests are unix-centric

(2) -//hostname/file is a legitimate path in windows; should map to 
\\hostname\file with  no drive prefix


We can fix (1) by declaring the expected string for windows too.

(2) this is a bug to fix

-- 
Steve Loughran                  http://www.1060.org/blogxter/publish/5
Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message