ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "Proposals/EnhancedTestReports" by MattDoar
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:21:33 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MattDoar:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Proposals/EnhancedTestReports

The comment on the change is:
Feedback from MattDoar

   1. Scales well to lots of JUnit tests on a single process
   1. Integrates with CI servers
   1. Produced by lots of tools  : <junit>, antunit, maven surefire, testng
-  1. Consumed by: <junitreport>, maven surefire-reports, CruiseControl, Luntbuild,
Bamboo, Hudson, IntelliJ TeamCity, AntHill
+  1. Consumed by: <junitreport>, maven surefire-reports, CruiseControl, Luntbuild,
Bamboo, Hudson, IntelliJ TeamCity, AntHill, Parabuild
   1. Includes log output, JVM properties, test names
   1. Reasonable HTML security (we sanitise all output but test names in the HTML)

@@ -135, +135 @@

  DanFabulich: I recommend against attempting to enumerate failure categories.  Allowing a
user-defined failure type (with user-defined semantics) makes more sense to me.

+ MattDoar: I like the idea of being able to define my own test states, but I would like to
see perhaps half a dozen common ones predefined. Perhaps:
+
+ * Pass
+ * Fail
+ * Error - unable to determine pass or fail, which includes timeout
+ * Skipped
+ * In Progress, aka not-yet-finished
+
  == Add partial-failure, not-yet-finished as test outcomes ==

   * not-yet-finished is for tests in progress; makes sense if you are doing a live view of
the system on a continuously updated web site.
@@ -142, +150 @@

  == Extend the viewer ==

-  * for every test, test case, show the description. Should descriptions be plain text only?
+  * for every test, test case, show the description. Should descriptions be plain text only?
Needs to support UTF8 at least.
   * list skipped tests
   * list tests by tag
   * list tests by execution time
@@ -179, +187 @@

   * viewers/atom feeds could embed SVG content and images, other content would be turned
into links.
   * relative links are best for publishing reports that are HTML viewed

+ == Integration with Issue Trackers ==
+
+ What would this look like? Perhaps and element with URLs to related issues?
+
  = Examples =
+
+ Examples of what a new Test Report could look like.

  == example 1 ==
  {{{