ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "Proposals/EnhancedTestReports" by SteveLoughran
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:24:53 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SteveLoughran:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Proposals/EnhancedTestReports

The comment on the change is:
stick goal upfront

  = Enhanced Test Reporting =

  This page looks at ideas for enhancing the output of the JUnit test reports that we generate
in <junit> and turn into HTML with <junitreport>
+
+ Goal: ''an evolutionary enhancement of the XML files to keep up with changes in test frameworks
and development processes''

  == Strengths of current format ==

@@ -107, +109 @@

  Java faults should be grabbed and their (recusrsive) stack traces extracted into something
that can be zoomed in on

- <throwable classname="java.lang.Throwable">
+ {{{<throwable classname="java.lang.Throwable">
   <message>text here</message>
   <stack>
    <stackrow>org.example.something.Classlet:53</stackrow>
@@ -118, +120 @@

    </throwable>
   </nested>
- </throwable>
+ </throwable>}}}

  This would be better placed for display on demand operations; other postmortem activities.
We should still render the fault in the existing format for IDEs to handle (e.g. IDEA's "analyze
stack trace" feature)