ant-dev mailing list archives

From MikeO <michael.obereg...@cibc.ca>
Subject Converting path to fileset issue.
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 16:52:23 GMT

What I am trying to do is have the user specify in an external properties
file any jar files needed in the compilation process. Since a folder may
contain several jar files, I thought it would be simpler to have the user
just specify the folder that jar file is in. The user can specify several
folders in the property in this format:

classpath.jar.include=lib;lib\ext;lib\config

However, if I just include that string in a path like:

<path id="user.jar.include" path="${classpath.jar.include}" />

then the jar files are not found. So what I wanted to do was convert this
path into a fileset, which would include the jar files. However, I am unable
to get the pathtoconvert task to work properly for some reason. When I am
debugging the script, it seems that the fileset that is made from the
pathtoconvert task is empty.
If the classpath.jar.include property is set to
C:\a\b\c\d\lib;C:\a\b\c\d\lib\ext (for example), would the following
pathtofileset task be correct?

<path id="user.jar.include" path="${classpath.jar.include}" />
<pathtofileset name="fileset.jar.include" pathrefid="user.jar.include"
dir="C:\a\b\c\d"/>

I am also assuming that the fileset.jar.include value set for the name
attribute is now the refid for that fileset. Would I use that handle in a
similar fashion to this?

<path id="project.class.path">
   <fileset refid="fileset.jar.include" />
</path>

What am I doing wrong? Am I even on the right track? Thanks in advance.