ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting const strings into antunit tests
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:14:43 GMT
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/30/07, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Our solution was to add a new reference, so we can extract text
>> > from a java static member [...]  seems to me, we could do the
>> > same with an ant resource,
>>
>> <property name="expected" javaConstant="..."/>
>> I think it would feel more natural in property.
>
> But then someone will want to be able to specify the classpath used
> to lookup the class, so we had a nested <classpath> to
> <property>?.

That is already there (for resource="...") ;-)

> I thought we shied away from overloading <property> anymore?

True.  I can just imagine more cases where I'd want the value of a
constant in something I can expand via ${} than in a resource.

Of course we can go from one to the other with either a <string>
resource (property -> resource) or <loadresource> (resource ->
property) so it is not too important.

Stefan