ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r589767 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant: taskdefs/ taskdefs/optional/testing/ util/
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:56:11 GMT
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> +/*
> + * Copyright  2007 The Apache Software Foundation
> + *

we don't put any Copyright lines in anymore, see the other files.

> +public class BlockFor extends WaitFor {

IIUC the only difference to WaitFor is that it fails if the condition
times out (while WaitFor logs a message and maybe sets a property).
Wouldn't a failOnTimeout attribute or something similar on WaitFor do
as well?  I don't think this is a testing specific requirement.

> +public class Funtest extends Task {

I'm not too happy with the name.  Is this to avoid confusion with the
Smartfrog task?

More comments on the actual implementation may come later 8-)

> +/** * A worker ant executes a single task in a background thread.
> +* After the run, any exception thrown is turned into a
> +buildexception, which can be * rethrown, the finished attribute is
> +set, then notifyAll() is called, * so that anyone waiting on the
> +same notify object gets woken up.  * </p> * This class is
> +effectively a superset of * {@link
> +org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Parallel.TaskRunnable} * * @since Ant
> +1.8 */

Would it make sense to move this class out of the testing package and
change Parellel to use it as well?

Stefan