ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ivy mailing list organisation
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:17:18 GMT
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, one solution is to keep it like that.  Use three mailing list:
> - ivy@ant.apache.org (for user list)
> - ivy-dev@ant.apache.org (for human dev related discussion)
> - ivy-commit@ant.apache.org (for commit, jira and gump generated
> mails)

that would be the easiest from an infrastructure point of view.  The
list could be renamed, existing subscribers would be transferred
automatically and the old addresses would forward for some time.

> However, one of the drawback of this aproach is that we might often
> have to put dev@ant.apache.org and ivy-dev@ant.apache.org in copy of
> our mails.

True.  This might call for a general@ant list, but right now I don't
think it will be needed that often.

Dominique's suggestion would solve that easily, of course.

> I think the choice also depends on how will be made the votes for
> release, for new committers, or for other subjects.

Release votes would be on the dev list of the subproject that wants to
do the release, whichever that may be.  Votes on people are not really
conducted on public lists anyway, it just looks as if they were.

Stefan