ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy mailing list organisation (Was: Re: Infrastructure (was Re: [RESULT] Ivy has Graduated as an Ant Subproject))
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:07:58 GMT
2007/10/11, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>:

> On 10/11/07, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
> We will at least need to:
> >
> > * migrate svn content
> >
> > * migrate the mailing lists
> >
> > * migrate the website
> >
> > * maybe migrate Wiki content
> >
> > * add the three Ivy committers to the ant Unix group.
>

> What can we do to help for these points? For the svn content, mailing
> lists
> and ant unix group, I don't see anything we can do.

A thing that we should do is to decide how we will organize our mailing
list.

In the incubator, we had a user, a dev and a commit mailing list.

I liked the separation of commit generated message and dev human messages
because it make it much easier to read (you don't read both messages the
same way).

So, one solution is to keep it like that.  Use three mailing list:
- ivy@ant.apache.org (for user list)
- ivy-dev@ant.apache.org (for human dev related discussion)
- ivy-commit@ant.apache.org (for commit, jira and gump generated mails)

However, one of the drawback of this aproach is that we might often have to
put dev@ant.apache.org and ivy-dev@ant.apache.org in copy of our mails.
Which is something I personaly don't care when I'm using gmail (the mail are
present only once) but that could be anoying with most other mailer.

I think the choice also depends on how will be made the votes for release,
for new committers, or for other subjects.

WDYT?

--
Gilles SCOKART