ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publish git repo of ant-trunk?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:40:03 GMT
> As long as we don't do it on ASF hardware, why not.

Why can't we use ASF hardware?  I was thinking of using
people.apache.org to host - hence why infrastructure would need to be
involved

> I've started to use darcs myself, I like it better (less hype being
> the main reason, I guess), but I'm open to git as well.

Darcs is very nice too - but not as fast as git (although you can use
darcs with a git backend somehow - haven't tried it yet.)  There's an
eclipse plugin for darcs too which makes eclipse-users lives easier

> > Obviously this will require some support from infrastructure to
> > sanction the svn->git initial import.
>
> What would be required for that?

See above about hosting

> Stefan