ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject publish git repo of ant-trunk?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:10:58 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to propose that we publish a git repository of our svn repo as a trial.

Obviously this will require some support from infrastructure to
sanction the svn->git initial import.

* Why?
- svn + patch + bugzilla is less than optimal (but better than JIRA :)
- git merge/branches == super-easy
- git is faster by far
- enables more contributions (think antlibs here) without worrying
about granting commit access

A trend is developing where developers on OSS projects are seeing
limitations of svn/cvs and are looking at one of the dvcs available.

Obviously we would keep the svn repo for now, but a git repo would be
a backup with an eye towards moving to this model in the future
(should it prove successful).

What do you think?

Kev