ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <>
Subject Re: Ivy mailing list organisation (Was: Re: Infrastructure (was Re: [RESULT] Ivy has Graduated as an Ant Subproject))
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 06:44:35 GMT
On 10/11/07, Dominique Devienne <> wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Gilles Scokart <> wrote:
> > decide how we will organize our mailing list. [...]
> > So, one solution is to keep it like that.  Use three mailing list:
> > - (for user list)
> > - (for human dev related discussion)
> > - (for commit, jira and gump generated mails)
> What about using user@ant and dev@ant directly, and discuss Ivy
> directly on the Ant lists? Ivy could be considered in a way as a big
> AntLib, and we don't have separate lists for AntLibs for example. Just
> a thought... --DD

I don't really know what I think about that...

On one hand, I think the traffic on Ivy mailing lists deserves its own
mailing lists. Moreover there isn't much overlap between the subjects of
both user lists: ivy-user is most of the time focused on dependency
management discussion and not too much on ant related questions. One other
(minor) thing I like is that in Ivy we have notifications e-mail separated
from human traffic (ivy-commit vs ivy-dev), which is not the case in Ant,
and I prefer keeping things separated.

On the other hand, merging mailing lists would help ant users adopt ivy, and
also help make the Ant+Ivy community a single and stronger community.

So I don't know what I really prefer, maybe it's something we should ask to
our (Ant and Ivy) users on our current user mailing list?