ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Infrastructure
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:36:08 GMT
Xavier Hanin schreef:

>>> incubator

>>> ant/ivy any

>>> We used to have our site in svn, but now we generate it and
>>> publish it using
>>> ssh. We have a build.xml for that, so we only need to change
>>> the destination
>>> location in the build.xml and publish the site, this should be
>>> pretty easy.
>>>
>>> One question: How do we handle relocation for people having
>>> bookmarked pages
>>> @ incubator.apache.org/ivy/?
>>>
>> Not sure if this is possible.
>> But maybe Apache httpd URL-rewrite could help...
>>

> Indeed, it seems to be possible. Here's what wicket guys use:
> .htaccess
> RewriteEngine on
>
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://wicket.apache.org/$1 [R,L]
> Pretty easy to adapt to our needs :-)
>
> So I will move Ivy site if nobody objects.
>
> Xavier

Fine to move it, probably a moved permanently response (R=301) to the
browsers is better though.

I currently have an update script on people (minotaur) that updates the
ant website once a day from svn. dependent on the location the ivy
specifics of the website will be stored the script will need to be
updated to do a separate sync for the ivy parts of the website. The
current sync is from /ant/core/trunk/docs for the base documentation and
/ant/core/tags/ANT_170/docs/manual for the manual part of the
documentation (this depends on the one doing an explicit checkout of a
certain branch at a specific position.) I assume the script would pick
up a new location after an explicit initial checkout. If not, I'll add it.

(The script)

#!/bin/tcsh
cd /www/ant.apache.org
/usr/local/bin/svn up | /usr/bin/grep -v "At revision"

Martijn