ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: propose 1.7.1 bug fix release
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:29:48 GMT
Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a timetable for the release of 1.7.1.
>
> We know that the users are waiting for several important fixes that
> are already in trunk, and I think we should try to release as soon as
> we can.
>
> Following the release instructions :), I suggest that we start to cut
> a beta the week beginning 22nd October (2 weeks today).

OK.

> Does anyone have a large contribution outstanding that would need much
> more time?  Is there still a race condition on multi-core machines?

seems fixed, and it was on 1.8.x anyway.

Is there anything we've added to the 1.8.x branch that should be moved
over? The big project logger is the main thing I've added; I love this
for big ivy-managed builds where lots of things get run
  -it prints the project name of every target
  -it prints when you enter/exit projects
  -it doesnt print anything for a target with no output

here's a bit of a trace:

 >ant test

Buildfile: build.xml

Entering project
In /home/slo/Projects/SmartFrog/Forge/core/components/jetty

jetty.maybe-ivy-init:
[ivy:configure] :: Ivy 2.0.0-alpha2-incubating - 20070712142751 ::
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/ ::
[ivy:configure] ivy:configure is deprecated, please use the data type
ivy:settings instead

jetty.maybe-ivy-resolve:

so, I'm in the jetty project....

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/