ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACL sharing between ivy and ant
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:02:24 GMT
Gilles Scokart wrote:
> I know I might comes a little bit late with my question.
>
> I have no problem to have all ant committers becoming ivy commiter.
> Certainly not.  It is a quick way to increase the size of the ivy community.
>
> But I suddently have a doubt on what will happen if someone demonstrates his
> trustability to the ivy community but is not present in the ant community?
>
> How will be the vote for a new committer being made in that context?

I guess you make them a committer in ivy; they get access to both.

-there's almost no security risk in ant changes; its hard for anyone to
deliberately stick a back door in, the way you could with Xerces or Axis.

-biggest risk is just making backwards-incompatible changes to classes
and tasks.

-All commits on ant get looked by other people; its pretty hard to get
away with something drastic except in a commit so big the mailer doesn't
send it to the group (>100K of change). We'd ask some hard questions if
a change that big went in, as it is incredibly rare.

steve