ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: ant really slow, 100% CPU?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:56:36 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> $rd bootstrap build dist
> $build dist-lite test
>
> on a WinXP with JDK 1.3.
>
> 19.09.2007 15:27:38,20 : Starting Ant-Build
> 19.09.2007 15:35:33,51 : Finishing Ant-Build
>
> so eight minutes for the build including the whole testsuite
> thats ok with me ...

Its not ant, its the build I'm doing in smartfrog to create and zip
RPMs, what should take 30s was suddenly crawling along. It seems
slightly faster now, so maybe its a quirk of machine state. I will try
switching to ant1.7.0 to see if it really is an ant version issue. It
could just be JVM memory problems; 64 bit processes are very memory
hungry, so much so that I'm planning to roll back to Java 32 after the
next release

-steve

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/