ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject ant really slow, 100% CPU?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:12:01 GMT

I've just rebuilt ant and now its really, really slow to build. I've
just rolled back those extra synchronized bits I'd added, and that
doesnt seem to be it.

-its spinning at 100%, and its memory footprint is high, even given that
this is a 64-bit JVM:

24273 slo       17   0 1402m 326m 9512 S  100  5.5   2:18.35 java

it could be swapping, but heap useage is actually pretty slow (currently
about 50MB, according to jconsole).

-can anyone think of an obvious change in the last couple of months that
would slow things down?
-has anyone else noticed a change in performance?