ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r568511 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/PropertyHelper.java
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:44:14 GMT

--- Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/22/07, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com>
> wrote:

[SNIP]
> > though I'd still like an opinion on the proxy
> > mechanism I suggested for delegate recursion...
> :)
>
> I did not reply because I did not understand the
> proposal :-)

[SNIP]

Okay--when a PH calls a delegate it passes itself down
in case the delegate needs to make calls against the
PH.  This would imply a sort of property decorator
pattern.  Anyway, I think in this case a delegate
calling PH.get() might need to be able to discern the
difference between NullReturn and no-such-property
null.  The first thing that occurred to me was that
the PH could pass the delegate not itself, but a sort
of proxy to itself that would fail to decode
NullResult but instead return it to the delegate
unharmed so that the delegate could handle the
difference between them.  Since this would need to be
passed down over and over again I thought it could
live as a member of each PropertyHelper instance.

Does that make sense?

-Matt