ant-dev mailing list archives

From "J. David Beutel" <>
Subject Re: Setting Xalan to junitreport
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:44:47 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Not using JDK 1.5's XSLTC is a good idea for so many reasons anyway.
> You could use the usual endorsed standards override mechanism[1] to
> swap in Saxon or just set the system property
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory prior to running Ant (you'd
> probably use the ANT_OPTS environment variable for this).

Thanks for the advice!

I was happy to upgrade to JDK 1.5 and Ant 1.7 because I never liked
copying the Xalan and JUnit JARs into Ant's lib directory.  My current
employer considers Ant, JDK, and Tomcat to be part of the environment,
but has some projects that require them to be customized.  This
complicates working on different projects, so I look for ways to avoid
customizing the environment, keeping the changes in the
version-controlled files.  I guess ANT_OPTS in a custom script is my
best option for XSLT 2.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message