ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: First-time contributor - advice needed
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:24:26 GMT
DJohnson@desknetinc.com wrote:
> I have a new task to contribute under optional/ssh, but when I do an "ant
> -f patch.xml" I get a lot of other files in the patch.tar.gz.  I'm
> thinking it should only have my new class source and the patch to
> default.properties.  Am I correct, and should I just manually remove the
> extraneous files, or am I doing this wrong?

this is pretty unusual. I fear your IDE has designed to reorganise things.

> By way of background, I wrote and built the changes using a source
> download, but then installed svn and did a checkout of
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk, added the new source file,
> modified the default.properties accordingly, and generated the
> patch.tar.gz.  Suggestions?

Best to do a clean checkout of the trunk -which is always up to date-
and add the new source file.

If the patch has lots of noise in it, dont include those patches. Tests
are nice though; we've always been a bit lax about testing SSH stuff
because its a functional test that needs servers and permissions set up
right, but we could improve that perhaps.

What is your new task trying to do?

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/