ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <>
Subject Target.getTasks returns UnknownElement
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:48:44 GMT

Sorry, if you receive this twice, i sent it to the user list as well.

I'm trying to parse the build.xml myself, and tried to get the tasks
object with the following code

      File buildFile = new File("c:/myproject/build.xml");

      Project project = new Project();
      project.setUserProperty( "ant.file" , buildFile.getAbsolutePath());
      project.addBuildListener(new DefaultLogger());
      ProjectHelper.configureProject(project, buildFile);

      Target target = (Target) project.getTargets().get("echome");
      Task[] tasks = target.getTasks();
      System.out.println(((Echo)tasks[0]));   <<< Failure point

The build.xml is

<project name="myproject">
<target name="echome">
    <echo message="abc"/>

How can i get an instance of Echo , instead of UnknownElement

I'm running the above code inside a junit test

ant 1.7.0, junit4, jdk1.6

Thanks in advance!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: