ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r568040 - /ant/core/trunk/WHATSNEW
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:45:11 GMT
On 8/21/07, peterreilly@apache.org <peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:
> Modified: ant/core/trunk/WHATSNEW
>
> +  means that tasks may now have nested conditions just by implementing
> +  the Condition interface, rather than extending ConditionBase.

I'm not sure I'm following here Peter. How does implementing Condition
(which has only an eval() method) translate into accepting any nested
conditions?

> +  means that the use of namespaces for some of the selectors introduced
> +  in Ant 1.7.0 is no longer necessary.

Aren't we making it more difficult (impossible?) to validate Ant build
files by allowing an extensible set of nested elements without the use
of namespaces?

Thanks, --DD