ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Functional testing with AntUnit
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:01:06 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Chris Connelly
<jon_christopher_connelly@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this question.

This is the best forum available.

> My questions: the AntUnit home page says: "AntUnit could also be
> used for functional and integration tests outside of the scope of
> Ant tasks ...  This is an area that will need more research."

When I wrote this sentence, I was toying with some ideas myself but
got distracted by other things that took a higher priority.

Also I know of a company who was developing a testing toolkit
(eventually to become open sourced) where AntUnit might play a role
(but they seem to require Ant 1.6.x support).  I can't and won't say
more, but I know some of their developers are reading this list.

> Is anyone currently looking into this, and is this still considered
> a reasonable use of AntUnit?

AFAIK nobody is actively researching this, but yes, it is a very
reasonable use of AntUnit.

Stefan