ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PropertyHelper patch & property change
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 14:55:35 GMT
> My understanding of the current situation wrt my work
> so far:
>
>  - Peter has looked at the code.
>  - There is an overall vote of between +0 and +1 for
> this work.
>  - The work is a breaking change for current users of
> PH functionality.

Ok, from me a +1 as it meets my requirements (although I'm still
testing it w.r.t. m2 integration via the ant-run plugin), but I
understand that there could be issues as it may break bwc for
PropertyHelper.

> I plan to check this stuff in soon--I think I had a
> bit more checking over things I wanted to do
> first--but it won't be kosher to release it without a
> 1.8 shift.  This means I probably need to create a
> branch before I check it in.
>
> Sorry for the bad news... :(

No worries, I'm maintaining a few customised components for this
project, 1 more won't be a big deal, but I'd rather not have to ;)

Kev