ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: PropertyHelper patch & property changes
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 14:36:40 GMT

--- Kevin Jackson <> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm just testing out the props antlib.
> First, it looks like it will be perfect for my
> usecase, ta Matt ;)
> Second, is the patch at
> divisive?  If
> this was a simple antlib, then I could start using
> it straight away,
> but as it requires a patched version of ant too, I'm
> a little wary to
> start using it if there are objections with the
> patch.
> Antunit based tests are passing fine for me here,
> but of course I'm
> not doing anything complicated and I only need
> string based properties
> not objects.
> Has anyone else had a look at this code yet? If so
> is there any chance
> of this being merged into svn trunk for 1.7.1
> timeframe?

My understanding of the current situation wrt my work
so far:

 - Peter has looked at the code.
 - There is an overall vote of between +0 and +1 for
this work.
 - The work is a breaking change for current users of
PH functionality.

I plan to check this stuff in soon--I think I had a
bit more checking over things I wanted to do
first--but it won't be kosher to release it without a
1.8 shift.  This means I probably need to create a
branch before I check it in.

Sorry for the bad news... :(

> Thanks,
> Kev