ant-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Connelly <jon_christopher_conne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Functional testing with AntUnit
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:52:32 GMT
Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this question.

My organization is looking to replace some home-grown, in-house test automation tools with
open source tools where possible. I've prototyped some solutions using Ant and AntUnit, and
was impressed by how easy it was to replace custom tools with Ant tasks; display results through
CruiseControl; and integrate tests and results into our existing test management systems (also
home grown). I think Ant and AntUnit could provide the basis for an incremental path for migrating
off our custom tools.

My questions: the AntUnit home page says: "AntUnit could also be used for functional and integration
tests
      outside of the scope of Ant tasks ...  This is an area that will need more research."
Is anyone currently looking into this, and is this still considered a reasonable use of AntUnit?
We do a lot of different types of testing -- from drivers and distros to middleware integration
-- and I'm interested in any opinions on this possibility.

Thanks in advance,
Chris Connelly