ant-dev mailing list archives

From Charles McLouth <cmclo...@perforce.com>
Subject Re: PathTokenizer
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:51:32 GMT
Hi Matt,

Thank you for the response.  Of course you are absolutely correct.  But that
alone doesn't preclude allowing it.

In my case I have a "path" being provided that I must prepare for the shell (As
you note, common practice is to escape parms with whitespace).  I figured I'd
use the built-in object instead of rolling my own for parsing the user supplied
data.  But the PathTokenizer's implementation will choke on a quoted path
(something that I expect to be quite commonly done by a user, in my case.)

Thank you for the response.  Your answer is sufficient for me to determine that
my case is far enough in the corner to relegate it to its own implementation.

Thanks again,

charlie