ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: <scriptcondition> is broken with Jython in the recent trunk builds
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:08:32 GMT
On 7/31/07, Matt Benson <> wrote:
> <scriptcondition> originally behaved such that a
> default value can be declared on the task as an
> attribute, and the embedded script can set the
> condition value.  I preserved this behavior, but added
> a preference for a return value, if any, from the
> script:  again, on the basis that this seemed a (more)
> natural behavior to me.  DD, you said "not returning a
> value is fine by you"... and that's what
> <scriptcondition> always did, and _should_ still
> allow... am _I_ missing anything (other than whatever
> I've apparently done to break python compatibility)?

Ah, sorry, I meant that "not returning a value is meaningless to me".
Sure, if a default value for the condition is set as an attribute, why
not (although I don't see why that's necessary or useful), but a
scriptcondition is supposed to be a script fragment which returns a
boolean value, and I don't see the point of not returning a value.

PS: The error message could be nicer though ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message