ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <scriptcondition> is broken with Jython in the recent trunk builds
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:24:58 GMT
> > Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
> > Recent trunk ANT fails in my builds.
> > <condition property="test">
> >   <scriptcondition language="jython"><![CDATA[ # test
> >     self.log("test")
> > ]]>
> >   </scriptcondition>
> > </condition>
>
> Matt Benson wrote:
> Fairly recently I added return handling to
> scriptcondition from the perspective that it was more
> natural to treat the whole construct like a function...

Well, what's the point of such a scriptcondition Alexey?
scriptcondition should return a boolean value (or something than can
be "cast" to a boolean somehow), and Matt's change sounds completely
reasonable to me. Breaking BC when for conditions that don't make
sense (to me) since not returning a value is fine by me. Am I missing
something?