ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PropertyHelper thoughts
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:41:20 GMT
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Matt Benson
>> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Meanwhile I'll try restricting properties to
>> strings and see if we
>> > break anything internal.
>>
>> We have had bug reports when some places in Ant
>> assumed that all
>> properties would be strings.
>
> Funnily enough I did restrict Properties to Strings
> and all the tests passed.  :)

You mean I didn't write a unit test when I fixed Bugzilla Issue 904?
OK, what can I say? hmm, trying to come up with a cheap excuse, March
2001, ah yes, Ant 2 and all that.  I must have been too busy with
politics.

Actually your change would be totally unrelated to the bug in question
which involved Ant assuming that System properties were all strings
when copying them over to the Ant properties.

Stefan