ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOmemory, ant1.7, java1.5+, windows only
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:51:26 GMT
I found that trying in a debugger is not a good
idea - as the memory gets used up faster! and things
stop working.

Use the  -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError option for
java (in ANT_OPTS) and get the heap dump when the program
terminates.

Another option is to get a heap dump always, something
like -Xrunhprof:file=dump.hprof,format=b.

Load the heap dump into your favorite heap dump analyzer,
and look at the largest retained objects.

I found that the yourkit profiler was excellent at this.
http://www.yourkit.com/changes/index.jsp#memory

Peter