ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PropertyHelper thoughts
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:22:02 GMT

--- Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/14/07, Peter Reilly
> <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> > interface SetPropertyResolver {
> >     boolean setProperty(Project a, String
> property, String value)
> >     returns true if property consumed
> >     return false if not
> > }
>
> I don't understand the SetPropertyResolver aspect. I
> like the GetPR,
> although I'd call it PropertyEvaluator maybe, or
> PropertyExpander, but
> I don't get the Set part. How would that be used?
> The GetPR comes into
> play in a ${scheme:...} expansion, but how would the
> SetPR work? --DD

On further reflection, the Set* interface does make
sense, but only as an extension to the Get* interface.
 This would be the correct way to set anything that
couldn't be stuffed into the basic String-to-Object
property map (whatever that might be) and would imply
that the entity in question could get anything it
could set.  This also implies that the existing
namespace concept that exists but is unused in
PropertyHelper needs to go away.  The
setter-that-can-get would parse its own
pseudo-namespace if applicable.  Since this would
extend the Get version, I would think it could wait
until the main two interfaces were handled.

-Matt